It’s a dress. It’s a top. It’s Cadence!
Love Notions’ newest pattern has arrived and as always, it is full of customizable options. Cadence is a woven, shift style dress with:
- 3 lengths. Knee high, maxi (with or without vent), and shirt (with or without a vent),
- 2 necklines. A regular, curved neckline, or curved with a small, center V.
- 5 sleeves. Sleeveless/tank, short, 3/4 sleeve, 3/4 sleeve with flare, and bishop.
- (optional) drawstring or elastic cased waist. For those who would prefer to accentuate the waist.
- Bust darts. To help provide shape.
- Center back seam
- Facings. Instead of a lining, or bias, this pattern uses facings to give you a smooth neckline.
The best fabrics for Cadence are lightweights and some midweights. Fabric choice, as always, dictates drape and “flowiness”. For my knee length dress I used a Georgette crepe from Sincerely Rylee, and for my shirt I used a rayon challis from Cali Fabrics. Both are lightweight and make the garment SUPER comfortable.